monkey
Boring. It is 3:30AM and I am wide awake, working!
Good thing I have this blog to update, atleast I have something to do.
I am here in the office for more than 5 hours but I haven't received a single
call from a desperate US customer.
Maybe because its Holiday in the US.
By the way, I work in a call center as a technical
support for the WIreless Local Number Portability (WLNP)
for SprintPCS clients.
The task is easy but it is made hard by irate, irritating, racist US customers.
Sometimes they are really disgusting and they cannot understand simple instructions [pity!].
I have a story to share:
A friend of my office mate had a call where her customer found out that
she is a Filipino. The customer demanded to speak to someone else,
to a "human being" he said.
The agent kept her cool and still tried to help him with his concern.
But the customer was so persistence and demanded to speak to her supervisor becuase he doesn't want to speak to a "monkey!" [bastard!]
The agent replied, "I am sorry Sir, but we are all monkeys here.
My supervisor is also a monkey.
So if you don't want to speak to a monkey try to hang-up and dial again."
-----
[clap clap clap]
Good thing I have this blog to update, atleast I have something to do.
I am here in the office for more than 5 hours but I haven't received a single
call from a desperate US customer.
Maybe because its Holiday in the US.
By the way, I work in a call center as a technical
support for the WIreless Local Number Portability (WLNP)
for SprintPCS clients.
The task is easy but it is made hard by irate, irritating, racist US customers.
Sometimes they are really disgusting and they cannot understand simple instructions [pity!].
I have a story to share:
A friend of my office mate had a call where her customer found out that
she is a Filipino. The customer demanded to speak to someone else,
to a "human being" he said.
The agent kept her cool and still tried to help him with his concern.
But the customer was so persistence and demanded to speak to her supervisor becuase he doesn't want to speak to a "monkey!" [bastard!]
The agent replied, "I am sorry Sir, but we are all monkeys here.
My supervisor is also a monkey.
So if you don't want to speak to a monkey try to hang-up and dial again."
-----
[clap clap clap]

2 Comments:
hahaha! That was great...and rude! I also have a story to share...ehem...my teammate got the call (in ePLDT where i worked for 1 1/2 years, we were grouped into teams & the names of the teams are the US states...I belonged to team Ohio then). The American caller also asked for a supervisor...Raine, my teammate, uttered this: "Ok ma'm, wait LANG PO."...she only realized what she had said when she put off her headset...& everyone who has heard that were exhausted after laughing..."wait lang po" to an American?...cool!
yeah, that is the risk of the job. we should really sound like an American, or otherwise the customers would find out that we are Asians. they are racists. but that was a good answer your friend gave, and i'm wondering what was the customer's reaction? well, in my case, we are the helpdesk of Siemens Asia Pacific. my other teammates often receive calls from irate customers, usually from Australia/ New Zealand. but what is good for me is that I only receive calls from Malaysia. they are Asians, I can speak the language and they are really courteous. never had a major irate customer from Malaysia. hope not, even in the future =)
Post a Comment
<< Home